We are currently accepting applications for Spring Internships. Please submit your resume and writing samples to the email address below or contact us for more information.
Communication & Outreach Intern - Charlotte, NC
The Communications & Outreach intern assists with the overall seamless functioning of 24 Hours of Booty by helping with many of the administrative and communication needs of the organization. Core functions of this position include coordinating multi-channel communication plans focused on event recruitment, communication and fundraising. Tasks include general office support such as gift entry, database management, mailing, filing, outreach, and communication coordination, such as content creation and community outreach. Intern will gain experience in working in a nonprofit organization, fundraising, database management, community outreach, and communications. The position requires a positive attitude, ability to work independently and as a team and proven writing, editing and customer service skills. Must be comfortable on the phone and willing to attend events. The intern must adapt to cover to a wide range of tasks as needed to ensure the overall strength of 24 Hours of Booty operation.
Internship will be done in office from January - April, 2015.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Respond and follow up on website cases and inquiries
- Distribute marketing material to the four city event markets
- Generate website, blog and social media content
- Make calls to current and prospective donors and event participants
- Assist Recruitment Director with lead generation
- Assist Marketing Director with stewardship plan
- Process donations and mail acknowledgement letters
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is an intensive, 15-20 hour per week, paid internship.
- A rising senior or graduate student studying Communications, Sports Management or Business with previous internship experience is preferred, as this is an intensive paid internship.
- Motivation and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be comfortable on the phone.
- Strong communication skills, including excellent writing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and writing sample to email@example.com by Monday, December 8, 2014.