Atlanta - Event Information 2013
Welcome to your go-to guide for 24 Hours of Booty Atlanta! Here you can find the most updated information about the ride, the food, the campground and more. Click the links below to find out more.
Early Packet pick-up
Visit Peachtree Bikes in Sandy Springs Friday, October 4th 11am - 7pm. Located at 225 Hilderbrand Dr. Sandy Springs, GA 30328
Event day Packet Pick-up Hours
Saturday, October 5th: 10am - 11pm
Sunday, October 6th: 6am until Noon
Visit the registration tent in Bootyville. If you know that you will be arriving between midnight and 5 am please let us know.
Requirements for packet pickup:
- You must pick up your own packet in person and show your photo ID to participate in the event. Upon receiving your packet, an orange wristband will be placed on your right wrist. Keep your wristband on throughout the event so you can enter and exit the course and have access to all the meals and snacks!
- You must meet your fundraising minimum before picking up your packet.
You can speed up the packet pickup process by fulfilling your requirement before packet pickup day. If you aren't able to fulfill the requirement before pickup, you will be directed to the Donation Station on site.
- Participants under 18 years of age are required to have a parent or guardian sign a waiver to obtain their packets. Waivers for minors will be available at Packet Pick Up on Thursday and Friday.
Bootyville is located at Mount Vernon Presbyterian High School - 510 Mt. Vernon Highway, Atlanta, GA 30328
Traffic on Mount Vernon HWY between Johnson Ferry Rd will be closed between 1:45pm Saturday until 2pm Sunday.
Driving Directions from I-285
Exit I-285 at Roswell Road and travel north to the intersection of Mount Vernon Highway and turn right. Follow Event signage for parking.
Driving Directions from I-85
Exit onto I-285 West and follow I-285 directions.
Driving Directions from I-75
Exit onto I-285 East and follow I-285 directions.
Driving Directions from Ga 400 arriving before 12:00pm Saturday
Take the Dunwoody, Sandy Springs exit. Turn right onto Abernathy Road. Turn left at the first light onto Barfield Road. At the next light turn right onto Mount Vernon Highway. Mount Vernon Presbyterian Upper School is on the right. Follow event signage for parking.
Driving Directions from Ga 400 arriving after 12:00pm Saturday
Follow event signage for parking, Gear drop at the school will close at noon.
Parking is located close to the venue in 4 different parking lots.
To book a room at the Comfort Suites at the rate of $79 per night, please call 770-828-0330 and inform them you are with the 24 Hours of Booty group block. In order to receive the discounted rate, rooms need to be booked by 9/16/13
The 24 Hours of Booty campground is a place to kick back, relax, and enjoy your teammates and friends. Bring your tents, blankets, canopies and other camping gear to set up in the Bootyville campground area.
Team tents are availble for rental through 24 Hours of Booty. Teams are welcome to bring their own pop-up tents, but they can also be rented (and set up for you!). 10x10 and 20x20 options are available, as well as tables and chairs. Make your team tent a set-up to remember!
Orders must be recieved by September 10th 2013
- The campground will open at 9:00 a.m. for the Top 10 Fundraising Teams and 10:00 a.m. for all riders and teams. Campsites are on a first come, first served basis.
- 24 Hours of Booty does not allow promotions or solicitation in the campground. If you or your team members are interested in promoting a product or company, check here for more information about sponsorships and the expo.
- The campground is an alcohol and smoke free environment. Please do not bring alcoholic beverages or tobacco products to the event.
- Open campfires, grills, flames, generators, cars, and trailers are NOT ALLOWED in the campground.
Showers will be available the full 24 hours at the Mount Vernon Prebyterian School Athletic Center. Make sure to bring your own towls and any other shower supplies you need.
There is plenty of food throughout the 24 Hours of Booty weekend. Three full meals, plus a midnight pizza party and unlimited snacks and drinks will keep you well fueled to meet your mileage goals. We work with great local caterers to make sure there is plenty of variety. There are always vegetarian options available - if you have other dietary restrictions we suggest that you bring additional food to supplement.
3-Meal Wristbands and individual Meal Tickets can be purchased for friends and family that are coming to the event to support the riders and enjoy the atmosphere. 3-Meal wristbands cost $20 each, which include all meals plus snacks. You can also purchase individual meal tickets for $10 ($6 for kids) for dinner, breakfast, or lunch.
Wristbands and meal tickets can be picked at the event in the store, under the name of the purchaser.
The brand new course this year will offer plenty of advantages! The loop will circle through the Mount Vernon neighborhood in Sandy Springs and through the venue at Mount Vernon Presbyterian School.
While the course is closed and has full police support, we want to make sure the event is safe and fun for everyone. Keep these things in mind as you ride:
- Children must be at last 12 years old and comfortable riding in a crowd to participate.
- Enter and exit only at the start/finish area.
- Helmets are required. Lights (both front and back) are required when riding after dark.
- Obey all traffic laws and rules of the road.
- Aerobars are not permitted on the course.
- Headphones and cell phones are not allowed while riding.
- Be aware that cyclists on the course have varying levels of experience. Ride carefully and watch for other riders, vehicles and pedestrians on the course.
One of the great things about 24 Hours of Booty is that riders can set the goal that is right for them! There are cancer survivors riding just a few laps after completing treatment, riding with people who want to hit the 300 mile mark. Check the training page for several plans from our friends at Total Cyclist.