Charlotte - Event Information
Welcome to your go-to guide for 24 Hours of Booty Charlotte! Here you can find the most updated information about the ride, the food, the campground and more. Click the links below to find out more.
Please leave your furry friends at home, CMS does not allow animals on school property.
Early Packet pick-up
Visit TRY SPORTS Southpark location on Thursday, July 25th 11am - 7pm. Located at 721 Governor Morrison Street. There is plenty of parking with extra space available in the parking deck next to Earthfare.
Event day Packet Pick-up
Requirements for packet pickup:
- You must pick up your own packet in person and show your photo ID to participate in the event. Upon receiving your packet, an orange wristband will be placed on your right wrist. Keep your wristband on throughout the event so you can enter and exit the course and have access to all the meals and snacks!
- You must meet your fundraising minimum before picking up your packet.
You can speed up the packet pickup process by fulfilling your requirement before packet pickup day. If you aren't able to fulfill the requirement before pickup, you will be directed to the Donation Station on site.
- Participants under 18 years of age are required to have a parent or guardian sign a waiver to obtain their packets. Waivers for minors will be available at Packet Pick Up on Thursday and Friday.
From I-85 and the Airport
Take Billy Graham Parkway exit 33, South. At the intersection of Parkway and S. Tryon, the Parkway changes to Woodlawn Road. Continue on Woodlawn Road for 2.5 miles to Selwyn Avenue. There is a Queens University of Charlotte sign just before Selwyn Avenue. Turn left onto Selwyn and continue for 0.8 miles. turn right onto Queens Road East. In 0.8 miles turn left onto Selwyn then right on Wellesely Avenue and follow event signage.
Take Woodlawn exit 6A, South. Continue on Woodlawn Road for 2.5 miles to Selwyn Avenue. There is a Queens University of Charlotte sign just before Selwyn Avenue. Turn Turn left onto Selwyn and continue for 0.8 miles. turn right onto Queens Road East. In 0.8 miles turn left onto Selwyn then right on Wellesely Avenue and follow event signage.
Parking Tips - Please carpool!
Parking is always tight during 24 Hours of Booty. Here are a few things that will help make things go more smoothly
- If you plan on staying the full 24 hours, use the parking garage
- If you plan on going home during the event and coming back, park outside of the loop
- Please be respectful of the Myers Park neighbors and don’t block any driveways or squeeze into spots
- Please do not park in any other parking lots or decks on university property. Vehicles will be towed.
Gear drop is back by popular demand. Please follow these directions and help us keep cars flowing.
Gear Drop Tips - Bring a buddy!
An experienced 24 Hours of Booty participant will give you this advice, “Many hands make light work.” Bring a crew of friends to unload your equipment. You will thank us later.
Gear Drop Directions
Please follow these directions and help us keep cars flowing.
- Wellesley will be accessible only from Selwyn coming south. No left turns will be allowed (except for residents).
- Volunteers will lead vehicles to the gear drop parking lot adjacent to the athletic fields.
- After gear has been dropped off, vehicles will have the option to park at the Parking Deck A or exit to park outside of the loop
- Additional parking can be found at Myers Park High School by entering from Runnymede Lane. Please ride your bike back to the venue.
Gear Drop Times
- General Rider Gear Drop - Friday, July 26th from 12:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Pick up - Saturday, July 27th anytime after 10:00 a.m.
The 24 Hours of Booty campground is a place to kick back, relax, and enjoy your teammates and friends. Bring your tents, blankets, canopies and other camping gear to set up in Bootyville the campground area. This year's Bootyville will be located on the campus of Myers Park Traditional School.
Team tents are availble for rental through 24 Hours of Booty. Teams are welcome to bring their own pop-up tents, but they can also be rented (and set up for you!). 10x10 and 20x20 options are available, as well as tables and chairs. Make your team tent a set-up to remember!
Orders must be recieved by July 1st 2013
- The campground will open at 10:00 a.m. for the Top 10 Fundraising Teams and 12:00 p.m. for all riders and teams. Campsites are on a first come, first served basis.
- 24 Hours of Booty does not allow promotions or solicitation in the campground. If you or your team members are interested in promoting a product or company, check here for more information about sponsorships and the expo.
- The campground is an alcohol and smoke free environment. Please do not bring alcoholic beverages or tobacco products to the event.
- Open campfires, grills, flames, generators, cars, and trailers are NOT ALLOWED in the campground.
Courtyard Charlotte Southpark will be offering rooms at the rate of $84 plus tax per night. In order to receive this rate, the room must be booked by July 3rd.
To book online please use this secure link
If you prefer to make your reservation by telephone, please call 1 888 236 2427 and ask for the 24 Hours of Booty Attendees Room Block at the Courtyard Charlotte SouthPark, referencing your requested arrival and departure dates.
There is plenty of food throughout the 24 Hours of Booty weekend. Three full meals, plus a midnight pizza party and unlimited snacks and drinks will keep you well fueled to meet your mileage goals. We work with great local caterers to make sure there is plenty of variety. There are always vegetarian options available - if you have other dietary restrictions we suggest that you bring additional food to supplement.
Friends and Family Meals
3-Meal Wristbands and individual Meal Tickets can be purchased for friends and family that are coming to the event to support the riders and enjoy the atmosphere. 3-Meal wristbands cost $20 each, which include all meals plus snacks. You can also purchase individual meal tickets for $10 ($6 for kids) for dinner, breakfast, or lunch.
Wristbands and meal tickets can be picked at the event in the store, under the name of the purchaser.
Pre-order has now closed.
The 24 Hours of Booty course in Charlotte is a 2.85 mile loop that rolls through the beautiful neighborhoods around Myers Park.
There will be an expanded course rest stop this year. It will be fully staffed and include a hydration and snack station, portajons and medical support.
Schedule coming soon!
While the course is closed and has full police support, we want to make sure the event is safe and fun for everyone. Keep these things in mind as you ride:
- Children must be at least 12 years old and comfortable riding in a crowd to participate.
- Enter and exit only at the start/finish area.
- Helmets are required. Lights (both front and back) are required when riding after dark.
- Obey all traffic laws and rules of the road.
- Aerobars must not be used in a pace line or at any time when other cyclists are in close proximity.
- Headphones and cell phones are not allowed while riding.
- Be aware that cyclists on the course have varying levels of experience. Ride carefully and watch for other riders, vehicles and pedestrians on the course.
One of the great things about 24 Hours of Booty is that riders can set the goal that is right for them! There are cancer survivors riding just a few laps after completing treatment, riding with people who want to hit the 300 mile mark. Check the training page for several plans from our friends at Total Cyclist.
Kitchen Sink 411
Here is everything and anything about the event. Below is all of our 411 information into one convenient place for you in case you missed anything:
- Event 411
- Camping & Gear Drop 411
- Bootyville 411
- Survivorship 411
- Packet Pick Up 411
- Reboot Packet Pick Up 411
We thank you for all the hard work you have put into fundraising! If you have any questions feel free to contact us!