Columbia - Event Information 2013
Welcome to your go-to guide for 24 Hours of Booty Columbia! Here you can find the most updated information about the ride, the food, the campground and more. Click the links below to find out more.
Packet Pick up
Early Packet pick-up
Visit Race Pace Bicycles in Columbia Friday, August 23rd 11am - 7pm. Located at 6925 Oakland Mills Rd. near Ledo's in Snowden Center, Columbia, MD 21045
Event day Packet Pick-up Hours
Saturday, August 24th: 10am - Midnight
Sunday, August 25th: 5am until Noon
Visit the registration tent in Bootyville. If you know that you will be arriving between midnight and 5 am please let us know.
Requirements for packet pickup:
- You must pick up your own packet in person and show your photo ID to participate in the event. Upon receiving your packet, an orange wristband will be placed on your right wrist. Keep your wristband on throughout the event so you can enter and exit the course and have access to all the meals and snacks!
- You must meet your fundraising minimum before picking up your packet.
You can speed up the packet pickup process by fulfilling your requirement before packet pickup day. If you aren't able to fulfill the requirement before pickup, you will be directed to the Donation Station on site.
- Participants under 18 years of age are required to have a parent or guardian sign a waiver to obtain their packets. Waivers for minors will be available at Packet Pick Up on Thursday and Friday.
From BWI Baltimore Area
Take I95 south toward Washington. Take exit 41A-B. Merge onto Waterloo Road toward Columbia. Continue to follow MD175 West. Take Columbia Gateway Drive Exit. Merge onto Columbia Gateway Drive. All traffic will be instructed to make a right turn onto Columbia Gateway Drive. Proceed around the loop to Benjamin Franklin Drive, just past the Merkle, Inc. campus.
From the South/West:
Take I95 to Baltimore. Take exit 41B-A to MD 175 West toward Columbia. Take a light left onto Waterloo Rd. Continue to follow MD 175. Exit at Columbia Gateway Drive. Merge onto Columbia Gateway Drive. All traffic will be instructed to make a right turn onto Columbia Gateway Drive. Proceed around the loop to Benjamin Franklin Drive, just past the Merkle, Inc. campus.
Get Directions from Google maps.
Parking areas will be clearly marked. Parking is available behind the Merkle buidling, in the adjacent parking lot of the 6811 building and in front of the SAIC building. Vehicles may enter parking lots using Ben Franklin Drive. Motor coach parking is available in the Merkle Building parking lot.
The Hampton Inn Columbia will offer a $95 per night rate for our event.
To book online, please follow these steps:
1) Go to: Hotel Link
2) Enter in the dates
3) Select Add Special Rate codes option
4) In Group Code, please enter HOB
5) Hit check availability
To book a room by phone, please contact the hotel directly at 410-997-8555. Tell them the dates and that you are with 24 Hours of Booty. In order to receive the discounted rate, rooms must be booked by 7/22/13.
The 24 Hours of Booty campground is a place to kick back, relax, and enjoy your teammates and friends. Bring your tents, blankets, canopies and other camping gear to set up in the Bootyville campground area.
Team tents are availble for rental through 24 Hours of Booty. Teams are welcome to bring their own pop-up tents, but they can also be rented (and set up for you!). 10x10 and 20x20 options are available, as well as tables and chairs. Make your team tent a set-up to remember! -
Orders must be recieved by August 1st 2013
- The campground will open at 10:00 a.m. for the Top 10 Fundraising Teams and 11:00 a.m. for all riders and teams. Campsites are on a first come, first served basis.
- Power and water hookups are not available in the campground.
- 24 Hours of Booty does not allow promotions or solicitation in the campground. If you or your team members are interested in promoting a product or company, check here for more information about sponsorships and the expo.
- The campground is an alcohol and smoke free environment. Please do not bring alcoholic beverages or tobacco products to the event.
- Open campfires, grills, flames, generators, cars, and trailers are NOT ALLOWED in the campground.
Showers are provided at Life Time Fitness Club located just off the loop. Please bring your own towel.
There is plenty of food throughout the 24 Hours of Booty weekend. Three full meals, plus a midnight pizza party and unlimited snacks and drinks will keep you well fueled to meet your mileage goals. We work with great local caterers to make sure there is plenty of variety. There are always vegetarian options available - if you have other dietary restrictions we suggest that you bring additional food to supplement.
Meal Schedule (2012)
Dinner 5:30 – 7:30pm
Hamburgers, Slow Roasted BBQ Chicken or Veggie Burgers. Accompanied by Pasta Salad, Chips & Cookies
Midnight Pizza Party 12:00am
Early Riser Breakfast 5:30am
Coffee, Doughnuts & Bagels
Breakfast 6:30 – 8:30am
Scrambled Eggs, Breakfast Sausage, Veggie Sausage & Bacon. Served with Assorted Bagels with Cream Cheese, Butter & Jelly
Lunch 11:30 – 1:30pm
Assorted Wraps & Sandwiches, including buffalo chicken, Chicken Caesar, Turkey Provolone, Tuna Salad, Veggie, And Italian Combo. Served with Pasta Salad & Chips
Coffee, Snacks and drinks provided throughout the event.
Friends and Family Meals
3-Meal Wristbands and individual Meal Tickets can be purchased for friends and family that are coming to the event to support the riders and enjoy the atmosphere. 3-Meal wristbands cost $20 each, which include all meals plus snacks. You can also purchase individual meal tickets for $10 ($6 for kids) for dinner, breakfast, or lunch.
Wristbands and meal tickets can be picked at the event in the store, under the name of the purchaser.
The 24 Hours of Booty course in Columbia is a 2.1 mile loop that rolls through Gateway Business Park.
Race Pace in Columbia offer Bike retals, please contact the store if interested at 410-290-6880
While the course is closed and has full police support, we want to make sure the event is safe and fun for everyone. Keep these things in mind as you ride:
- Children must be at last 12 years old and comfortable riding in a crowd to participate.
- Enter and exit only at the start/finish area.
- Helmets are required. Lights (both front and back) are required when riding after dark.
- Obey all traffic laws and rules of the road.
- Aerobars are not permitted on the course.
- Headphones and cell phones are not allowed while riding.
- Be aware that cyclists on the course have varying levels of experience. Ride carefully and watch for other riders, vehicles and pedestrians on the course.
One of the great things about 24 Hours of Booty is that riders can set the goal that is right for them! There are cancer survivors riding just a few laps after completing treatment, riding with people who want to hit the 300 mile mark. Check the training page for several plans from our friends at Total Cyclist.